Sharing a good meal is a great way to build a relationship. From Blade’s perspective on branding, that’s how you build a community. This month, I will share my favourite Caesar Salad recipe. This recipe is not shy on garlic, but I find that it is not offensive to those who share it together, community-style. So get a bunch of people together and start building … THE Best Caesar Salad EVER!
Part One – The Sauce
• juice of 1 lemon
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
• 1-2 dashes of hot sauce
• 1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
• 2-3 (or more, if you dare) large cloves of garlic, mashed
• ½ cup olive oil
Combine all ingredients, except the olive oil. While whisking, or in a blender, drizzle the olive oil into the other ingredients and continue mixing until the sauce is light and bubbly.
Part Two – The Croutons
• ½ loaf of bread, cubed (I like rye kimmel or rosemary focaccia)
• Generous sprinkling of celery salt
• Generous Olive oil to lightly coat the bread and add crispiness
In a large baking pan, toss the celery salt with the bread cubes.
Sprinkle the olive oil and toss the bread cubes to distribute the olive oil evenly. Bake at 350 until the croutons are golden and crispy
Part Three – The Greens
• 6 romaine hearts, washed and chopped or torn into bite-size pieces
• 1 bunch of green onion, peeled, washed and minced
Put the greens in a couple of large zip lock bags.
Part Four – The Chicken (optional)
Slice 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half to make cutlets and separate the fillets.
• Drizzle the tops with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with Montreal Chicken Spice
Bake at 350 until golden, about 20 minutes.
The Grand Finale